This five-day course is for people in the electrical installation industry who need to carry out periodic inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.
Like the old 2391 qualification, the 2395-01 course is highly regarded by many employers in the industry and is an excellent addition to any electrician’s CV.
Our specialist electrical instructors will help demystify and simplify the qualification, providing you with the latest certificate to demonstrate your competency. The certification replaces the now obsolete City & Guilds 2391-10 certification and follows the update of regulations.
Following the course, delegates will be able to inspect and test a wide range of installations in both domestic and commercial settings. It will also enable you to test and inspect existing installations that have been carried out by other installers or electricians.
Who Should Attend:
This course is aimed at practicing electricians that are required to carry out periodic inspection and certification of electrical installations. You should have already completed the relevant 17th Edition Course – City & Guilds course in this area.
As part of the course, delegates will be required to complete the following:
- 1 Multiple Choice Exam (one hour 20 minutes)
- 1 Online Short Answer Exam (two hours)
- 1 Practical Assessment (three hours)
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2395-01).
It is important for delegates to understand that the course anticipates that they will have a detailed understanding of electrical theory, including: the effects of resistances on cables, common electrical equations and how to work safely in conjunction with Electricity at Work Regulation 1989 and IET Wiring Regulations (17th Edition).
The five-day Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certiﬁcation of Electrical Installations – City & Guilds 2395-01 course comprises the following key subject areas:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording circuit condition
- Requirements for the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- Requirements for safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised and testing energised installations
- Understanding and interpreting test results
- Requirements for completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated docs
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand the requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Understand the requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- Understand the differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Understand the requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand the requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Understand the requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
- Understand the requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- Be able to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing
- Be able to carry out inspection of electrical installations
- Be able to test electrical installations in service
- Produce a condition report with recorded observations and classifications
The course is delivered at NLT’s Chesterfield and Scunthorpe sites. It can also be delivered in your workplace. Please get in touch with a member of our Business Development Team today to discuss your requirements.